Shavuos contest!

Please post your Artwork here:

Wow that’s incredible work!

wow u so talented! can you tell us which things you had to do by photoshop? like did you make the 3 women and background separately?

Ya the whole thing was from AI, then I added just Arpa in the background
and I blurred the background a little and I made naami look old… but that was with the neural filter so technically its also AI:)
and then I added the words

so cool thanks for explaining it. funny coz i thought Arpa was so well blended that she was part of background and you added in Naami and Rus!

now what i really want to see is what were the keywords you used to produce it in AI!! (sorry design alive that i’m turning this into a forum!)

circa 300 BCE, photorealistic, wide view, distant background ancient palace, sunny, two women on path in dry field, long sleeved robes, hair covered by a scarf, you see their face, young women is holding hand of old women, pleading, old women is sad, both are beutiful, another women in the distance

fascinating! it didnt quite listen to you about holding the hand etc but did a good job despite and i dont see any 6 fingers! thanks so much. look forward to seeing others and trying it myself one day.

i was so inspired by you aliza that i tried to sign up to discord/midjourney myself but it said that too many people wanted to do a free trial now so i have to wait and then i tried adobe firefly but they also have too much demand so have to wait for access! oh well!

keep trying! you’ll get in

yes midjourney doesnt have a free trial but honestly its worth the $12 a month!

ok i tried again… at first i tired a free way form a tutorial but failing that i just paid a $10 for the month…

ok so full disclosure - i cheated and used some of aliza’s terms so dont count me in the competition for this but this is the scene i think of whenever i think of megillas rus - her in the field alone crouching down picking up wheat stalks…in her modest way…

1 Like

Next full disclosure is that for this competition I thought we could do anything related to Shavuos/Torah and not specifically megillas rus!! So what I just spent ages on was the following:
For a long time i wanted to create a comic of a tree with lots of green leaves with one leaf flying off the tree and a thought bubble saying ‘i’m free’ and then later having fallen to the ground all brown and shrivelled with other leaves thinking that it’s not so fun to be free b/c now it’s shrivelled and dying… and the nimshal is that we need to stay connected to Torah in order to continue growing and someone who feels they are free by leaving the Torah will soon realise their mistake…
after trying for well over an hour on midjourney/discord to get a Torah scroll engraved on to a tree trunk and all the details i wanted, i give up! (For some reason it does not know what a Torah scroll is… and even when i gave it images of one it messed it up…so i just photoshopped one on) This is best I could come up with to fit what i had in my head…thanks adina and aliza and malky for your encouragement to persevere!

1 Like

wow @rivkah this is amazing!! even though you took some words from a different prompt you managed a totally different unique picture!

Btw 2 questions…

Why did i pay $12 not 10 for my subscription??

And did you get that result straight from midjourney or did you photoshop anything?

I must say it is really really good!! also did you include the word ‘crouching’ in the prompt because if i recall whenever i used that word i got such a position…

This really is a fantastic depiction of Rus! Great job! i love your tree/torah idea also…

1 Like

it should be $10.99 a month

Is that for monthly or antialiasing billing? I did monthly and def paid $12

thanks!

I dont know by mine was $10, maybe they changed pricing structure or maybe we’re in diff countries and that affects it? i’m in israel…

For the rus picture was straight form midjourney and yes i wrote ‘crouching’ (i thought to do kneeling but i thought it’d not be as good) and then i did variations in midjurney on the picture i was most happy with a few times until i got that version.

For the tree one when i wrote ‘cartoon’ it gave me random cartoon people around the tree so i had to photoshop them out… maybe i should have written ‘cartoon style’?? or something else… and to cover up the blurry tree that was left i put the torah on top!