Free logo

Hi!

I’m designing a free logo for a cousin who is opening a recording studio and for some reason im really stuck on what to do I’m finding the composition of the logo quite difficult coz the main word is short and the secondary word is long and then there is also a tagline…

Here are a few options i made but for some reason i like them but dont love any enough to send her… I used to send 3 logo options to my clients but recently i switched to sending only 1 at a time as i found that then there was a way higher chance of the client going with an earlier option… i also present them well which I’m not doing here because i just need some constructive criticism to somehow make them look better and more professional… btw i have not worked on kerning and all that yet because it isnt for a proffesional client and i don’t think they would even notice so il do that after they choose because i need it to be good enough for my portfolio otherwise why work for free :wink::crazy_face::see_no_evil:

I like the second one a lot!

1 Like

Thanks @gittyklein! my biggest issue with that one is if it is too similar to youtube’s logo and if it implies that she does videos which she doesnt…?

I don’t think it’s too similar to youtube, th coloring and the layout are totally different, although it does maybe imply that she does videos. You could try a no-fill, blue stroke circle with play icon inside. Might not look as sharp but you could try to see how that looks

i dont think a circle would make it look less like video as the play icon is what makes it look like she does videos…

same here, also love nr 2!
I think that nr 3 could also look gr8 if you touch it up a bit and make it look more neat

this is a belgium based logo which is the same idea as nr 3

unnamed (3)

cool! yea i know it needs something different but i can’t figure out what…

ok i think its also the colour which isn’t good… what about this?

maybe make the lines a bit closer to one another, but the coloring is much better

?

just to confuse the situation, i really like number 1!
I think number 2 is the wrong impression, doesn’t look like a recording studio…
the newer one is okay too but i think the first is still best!
Good luck!

ok thanks! i feel the same about number 2 although i do like the look… Working on a presentation now hopefully she will like one of them

What about making the first one look a lot more like a recording button? As in with the color red? But they all look super professional btw!!

I also like one best, but would change the dartboard or whatever it is to a different symbol that fits the recording studio look…

If its a lady operating the studio I would tell you to go with the purple color for either logo that you do. When I see the blue logo I feel like its more geared to men.

yea good point i actually made magenta the secondary colour for that reason

Something about the 3rd one that I love! Their all amazing!! Can’t wait to see the final logo!

I like the recording button idea for the first one.
The second looks too corporate maybe, but I like the font!
I love the idea of the third one! Maybe it needs some thick and thin variety like the first two options? Also, make sure that the the negative shapes are even (its making a funny shape now).
Can’t wait to see the finals!

i’m just thinking you can do the word HIT in big and studios do in vertical next to it, that will make it much shorter, not sure how it will look, just an idea