Bencher Critique

@miriam do you mean the one on the right (less orange/gold) or the one on the left (more gold/orange)?

The one to the right

i also like the one on the right better.
just a suggestion - maybe make the gold border go over the blue box on top (bring it up a layer), and make the text a little smaller. the blue box looks like its sorting of cutting off the design… would love to see how that looks!

thanks everyone for all your help! what do people think of this? I right aligned the text, do people think it looks better like this or centered?

I would justify it to the right so that there are no jagged edges.

Your punctuations are still going the wrong direction
Let me know if you didnt understand how to switch it

is is equal empty spacing above the Bircas Hamazon and the bottom text?

@adinacahn thank you! can you explain more though? I can’t figure it out…though its for my family so I’m really okay with the punctuations going the wrong way if I can’t figure it out…

I don’t see the “P” in the paragraph panel or “left to right text” in the character panel

watch here- this will work if you are on CC Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software | Loom

@adinacahn thank you so much, but it didnt work…I did both things that you said…I still don’t see that option…

Meanwhile, here it is with the text justified

we discussed it in this thread

Send regards to your grandmother from me (Shevi Levitin) She’s the best teacher ever! :slight_smile:

thanks everyone for your advice! @adinacahn I couldnt figure it out, so I just did it one of the ways it was suggested in the thread @Shevi_Kramer posted and it worked!

@Shevi_Kramer I will!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Looks great!
Just noticed the horachamon for Shabbos and YT is not aligned with the rest of the text. Align it right justified

You can add more tracking to the paragraphs that leave an orphan (is that the right word?) like in “Rachem Nah”

lol I think it’s actually called a widow :wink:

thanks everyone! sent to print bh!

@adinacahn I figured out why your way wasn’t working- my InDesign had to be updated :slight_smile: I just updated it and now I see that option in my paragraph panel :slight_smile:

YAY! :slight_smile: you were confusing me there