Yearbook pricing

Hi, I was wondering what would be the right price to charge a school for a yearbook. This is my third year doing it. I help them out with photoshopping images, creating about 5 templates and I create their cover. Everything else they do on their own. What would be fair to charge as a salary?

Thanks! I would love if someone can help me out as soon as possible.

I designed some yearbooks where I laid-out the text and created the background for each page, and i charged between $15 and $18 per page. Are you also dealing with the printing?

I’ve never personally designed yearbooks as a paid job, so hard for me to give you a specific idea. I know this was also discussed in the earlier price forum, so you might want to check there, as there are a number of students that work on yearbooks. I would suggest charging per image that you photoshop, by figuring out about how many photos you can do per hour and considering an hourly rate. Probably
5-10$ per photo, assuming you can do about 5 per hour. Of course depends a lot on how complicated the photoshopping is, how many images you are doing altogether, etc. But if you figure it this way then some hours you will be making more per hour since you will be doing more photos in that hour and others less when the photos are more complicated, but it would basically even out. If you are only doing 5 templates you can probably charge a bit more than Blimi mentioned per template, since it isn’t the same thing as designing an individual page, and I am assuming they will use those templates for all the pages. I would guess around $30-$50 per template, but also depends on how complicated they are and how they will be used. Same deal for the cover, probably around $50. Then you can add that all up and see how that sounds in terms of how much time you expect to put in and what your hourly rate will turn out to be, about, to see if it seems reasonable. When I work with schools, shuls, etc. I tend to err on the less expensive side to give them a better deal if possible, but that would be up to you.
Anyone else have ideas, who have done this kind of thing?