Wordpress e-commerce site

Hi,

I have only created e-commerce on Shopify, and I understand it’s a lot more work on Wordpress. Someone just asked me for a quote for an e-commerce Wordpress site and I would appreciate some advice. A couple of questions:

• What’s normal to charge as a beginner?
  • Will the client have to end up paying for additional plugins (for example email updates to customer, inventory management - I would probably have to tell him that upfront?

Any advice would be appreciated!

thanks!

In general ecommerce is at least 1 1/2 times the price of a regular website. It also depends on the features and extended setup they will need

Thanks Schlomith!

Which plugins would they typically end up paying for on an e-commerce wordpress website?

woocommerce plugin is free. it’s the add-ons which costs. it very much depends on what the site needs.

Right, I meant what would typically be added on for a shop. For example, does Woocommerce include inventory management or would that have to be paid for separately? Or email updates to the customer etc. Anything a basic shop would need.

im not a web designer but doesnt inventory management need programming to link it to the customers database which would be an extra cost?

That really depends on what they have set up. There is basic inventory management included in Woocommerce, meaning you enter the amount you have when importing products, and as it’s purchased the inventory lowers.
If they have a specific system they need integrated, it would cost.

It really depends on your customers needs. A lot is native to Woocommerce, so you wouldn’t have to pay, but it’s really dependent on your customer’s needs.
I usually put in the contract that my price does not include extra plugins that might come up, and I put a price range that they can cost.

of course you can enter inventory directly into woo commerce so when an item has quantity of 10, once its sold it will appear as out of stock which would work well for small businesses but for a large inventory or bigger business - say which has a few stores and their inventory is spread over a few stores with one central database, wouldn’t this have to connect to this database via customization?