Word of the Week 3

Finally got access and subscribed to midjourney. This is so fun!

YUM! Firefly actually did quite well on this!

Welcome to the party Goldie :slight_smile: This orange juice is so alive! just needs a caption underneath it :slight_smile:

paper flowers

I’m curious how often people actually use AI images for real paying clients, or do you just play around for fun in your spare time?
And when you do use an AI image, is it usually good to go or do you usually have to touch it up in photoshop?

And do you spend more time and stress trying to get Midjourney to understand what you’re asking for than it would have taken you to get a pic from Stock/Freepik…?

At the beginning I had to touch up alot. Now the images I’ve used for clients were more or less fine- the reason Im saying more or less is just as much as I would have to work with a stock imagery picture- sometimes I need to add, take away etc.
BUT I tend to still look for stock imagery first for something standard- ie. if I need a business man I’m not going to sit there generating one , but for more specific, imaginative, specific era etc Midjourney has worked.
I’ve used AI in music videos, flyers, regular videos for paying clients

Great idea!!!

Neat effect!!

1 Like

Total candyland! :slight_smile:

love this!

1 Like

yum :slight_smile:

1 Like

cool! though probably such a big mess to clean up!

hey i also always thought that and tried numerous times to make pics for ads with ai and didn’t really get anything usable but my last ad i used an AI image (midjourney for the ad as it’s for a girls dance and i cant use any images of girls obvsly so needed something different which i couldnt find for free on stock sites… it took a bit of time to get it right but heres the ai image i used and the final ad… i also used stock images for the background…

5 Likes

Wow!
Beautifully done! love how you incorporated it into the add!

1 Like

Beautiful!
Like @malky-h wrote, I find Midjourney a wonderful tool and when incorporated together with all the design skills you already know - totally useable! Very rarely will you generate a picture that goes straight to print, most of the time a drop of touching up will add more dimension to it, finish it off, and make it less “AI” like

1 Like