Visual for Capturing Moment

I designed these 3 options for a school, principal wants to bring out the concept of capturing a moment. I am sending the principal all 3 options, and leaving the final choice to her. I am looking for critique on how to polish it up, these are my drafts. Also, is the font too “edgy”? Also, advice on how much to charge for such a project, keeping in mind that it is a school and I would go slightly lower.

great images! and great range…and good idea to let principal decide…they’re good at that!
i like the font - makes it more dramatic… but if she doesn’t want this kind of dramatic look i guess she’ll say…

They actually look like a really nice ad campaign all together :slight_smile:
If I had to choose it would be the first or third

wow they are really amazing!!!

Principal says she wants to go with version 2, she has a book on the topic that has a similar visual on the cover (The Power of Moments), but I think its still great for my portfolio! Can anyone offer advice on what would be a reasonable price? She also wants a few other items based on the final poster that we decide on.

The principal says she wants it in green and gold tones since the folders that she ordered that these will be the cover for are green. I changed the coloring to green, but I think that now it looks like a great ad for snake venom:( !!! She actually liked the green one! What to do? How can I convince her that the blue is much more pleasing to the eye??? BH, she loved the edgy font that it adds drama! Can anyone PLEASE advise on what they would charge for such a project?? I have never done such kinds of work for a school and I have NO IDEA what would be reasonable! Thank you!

I hear what you’re saying that it looks poisonous.
Try making it gold instead of green

Is $150-$200 reasonable to charge for this?

How long did you spend on it?
Work out how much you want to make per hour…

I spent about an hour+ on each option. All together probably about 3.5-4 hours. $200 boils down to $50 an hour, I’m just wondering if others think this is a reasonable price to charge a school for such a project. This is for the principal to use for a teachers workshop. I will be charging her more altogether because she wants a few other items based off the final design of the poster she will be going with.

At the beginning when I started working, I gave myself an hourly rate. I told the client how much I charge per hour and roughly how many hours the project would take - usually more than I thought so I would have a safety net in case it took me longer. Once I was done,I calculated each project how long it took me and then I charged the rate x time.
This way the client knew more or less what to expect but I didn’t have to stress about giving an exact quote and whether it was fair at the end because I was charging for my time.
Eventually, I worked out how long things took me and now I can charge per project - keeping in mind how much I want to make per hour and how long the project will take me.