Typography help

Hi,
I often find myself spending a lot of time trying to work out which fonts look best with different designs. (I did not learn graphic design before going into the web design course.)
I’m wondering if there are any you tube videos or other resources that one of you can recommend to really help me learn more about typography which would help me have an easier time choosing fonts and feeling confident with my choices.
Thanks!

Did you consider taking the fast track graphics?

I have considered in the past… Would that help give me the design skills I am missing?
Do you know specifics of the course?
Also, I’d love to hear other resources if there is something that could help in the meantime…

You could probably find something on you tube - search typography tutorial and maybe you’ll find something…
I also think you should invest in the fast track graphics course… I don’t know any of the details but Im sure a little background in graphics could be only to your benefit

I’m a major fan of Rafal Tomal- he has a typography course: Design Class – Web Typography - Rafal Tomal that would probably be amazing for what you’re looking for!

thanks… Have you taken the course personally? Looks interesting just not sure if it would be difficult just to learn from written lessons as opposed to a video

I took the fast track course before I began web design and I would recommend you do the same

I second the recommendation for Rafal Tomal!

Or a cheatsheet from this site: https://www.typewolf.com/

He has a couple of resources-- some pulling good recs and some pairings. Type Pairing Lookbooks · Typewolf

MalkyH- did you have any design background before taking the fast track course? Would I be able to contact you to ask more what the course was like?
I regret not taking the fast track before I took web design… (I didn’t have enough time before the web design course was starting so I just took photoshop…) Just wondering what it would be like know taking it after etc.

Sure. malkyhoffert@gmail.com
I did not have any design background, the summer before the course I took both the fast track graphics (AI and PS) and fast track design.