Spotlight on a Student

Keep an eye on this post to see some great samples by students of particular assignments and projects that we are currently working on.

Coming soon…fun positive/negative letter layouts!

Love all of the samples here by Aidy Miller-all make good use of negative space without sacrificing the integrity of the positive letter. Good work!

3 Likes

And another great example from Ahuva Abadi, love how the angling of the M adds to the rhythm of the design.Ahuva-Abadi-Assignment-4

2 Likes

And an adorable A from Nechama Malka Saunders…such personality!nechama malka

1 Like

Congrats to Goldy Zyrl on her gorgeous stationery set mockup! Love how you made a monochromatic color scheme so elegant and attractive, and how creative you were in applying the pattern to various items

-great work!

2 Likes

There were so many great stationery sets that it was so hard to choose just a few to showcase. But here is one more by cohort student Yitty Neuman-such a fun analogous scheme applied in so many creative ways! Great work.

3 Likes

Wow! Great job Goldy and Yitty!
Goldy - I love the way your pattern looks so rich and upscale by using the monochromatic colors only
Yitty - I love the fun whimsical look you portrayed through your many items displayed
Would totally pick these items up in the store!!

Where can I find the mockup of the mouse pad?

Thanks so much for posting this Aidy.

Just for future reference, let’s post mockup questions in the thread where we are posting mockup links, and keep this thread for oooohing and aaahhing over each other’s work! Thanks.

Congrats to Rivky Gefner on a beautiful job on her stationery set. Love the originality of the style of the pattern, the toned down yet beautiful color scheme, and the variety of ways she applied the pattern to the items!

4 Likes

Great job!!

I know most of you are already past this assignment, but self-paced student Dayna Goldman really “hit the nail on the head” with this assignment so I wanted to post it. In the first three, it is really specifically the proximity, as opposed to repetition, for example, that allows the viewer to create connections and make sense out of these designs. Same for the first two alignment samples…we connect the items based on the alignment and if they weren’t aligned, we may try to make other visual connections or no strong connections at all.
The last repetition example, also, specifically creates visual grouping because of the repetition of the white square. Otherwise our mind would probably connect like colors, but the connection would not be very strong. Nice work Dayna!

Check out some of these beautiful and creative type patterns!
A shout

out to Louris, love the C and the script N on these (took me a minute to find that N in there!)

And here is a very different style-so precisely set up that the negative spaces become part of the design-thanks to Aidy for this one!

2 Likes

And yet another style by Nechama Welcher-love the sense of depth with these “B’s”!

2 Likes

Here’s another dynamic example from Nechama Malka-nice work!

1 Like

Wow~Enjoy these wonderfully intricate type patterns by Shoshana Elisheva-and yes, each on is just one letter repeated even though the negative space makes it look like more than one letter-quite clever!

1 Like

Shoshana Elisheva, these are amazing!
What letter is the first one?