Sizes for Posts

Hi all,

I am making sm posts for a client’s raffle campaign, but am clueless about sizing as I am unfamiliar with smartphones.
I would really appreciate guidance.
Posts will be used mostly on facebook and for whatsapp.

would previews show as a square?
If so, will square work for all posts?
Or rather dimensions similar to screen size of smartphones?

Thanks so much!
Chani W

This site has a lot of the sizes for all different social media platforms:

Social Media Image Sizes Guide for 2022 - Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, WhatsApp, & LinkedIn Image Sizes[quote=“Chani_Wolpin, post:1, topic:4016, full:true”]
Hi all,

I am making sm posts for a client’s raffle campaign, but am clueless about sizing as I am unfamiliar with smartphones.
I would really appreciate guidance.
Posts will be used mostly on facebook and for whatsapp.

would previews show as a square?
If so, will square work for all posts?
Or rather dimensions similar to screen size of smartphones?

Thanks so much!
Chani W
[/quote]

Each site and kind of post has it’s own size. Status and regular graphic may not be the same …

You can also check the dimensions on Canva. They have the popular ones and you can enjoy create it there too

Thanks for your response, @chanamiriam !
Seems like there a loads of sizing options.
How would I know what type of post people will be using?
(Client is sm-clueless himself, so no direction from him. Plans on having ppl in his network post for him)
TIA!

@Chani_Wolpin Any posts for social media that i have made have been 1000 pixels x 1000 pixels and that works great!

for whatsapp posts and statuses i often do A5 portrait as a base in case they do want to print it as a flyer and then it also looks good as a status… as a post it often crops it to a square but when you click it, it opens in full and fills phone screen so i think it works. i also will do a square (based on A5 width) when i know it’s just for screens.
facebook i would research specific sizes and resize (and charge more per size!).