Shopify themes

HI,
I don’t have that much experience with Shopify and I’m looking for some direction.

1. Are there any themes that are universal? (ie. elementor for WP)
  2. Do I need a premium theme for a quality website?
  3. If no universal ones, can anyone suggest a good theme for clothing business and food business?

Thank you so much!

All of them are like kind of page builder(blocks/widget) that you can use for anything, see what features you want to display on your website which theme has the best to offer

I only used Shopify once, but most of the time the paid once are better than the free ones (surprise, surprise… :slight_smile: )
When you look for a theme, check their functions and flexibility. It’s pretty much is what it is. Design wise you are limited.

Thank you! I am looking for specific recommendations, anyone?

Ask Esti Meisels. She does a lot of ecommerce

I’ve modified the Dawn 2.0 theme. I think it’s kind of equivalent to the default WP themes, except much less opinionated. Overall it was good except that it didn’t have a slider for images on the product pages, and that was a bit of a pain to code in.

Gitty Friedman once said she designs somewhere else and plops the code into Shopify, I remember asking her about it (on Slack) but I can’t find the thread.

Thanks @peninah_adler