Resize InDesign Document

I have an entire InDesign document set and designed to A5, now the costumer has decided to print in A4 instead.
Is it possible to resize the entire document including artwork?

you can change the page size and then adjust accordingly.

i do it using the ‘scale x percentage’ tool - select all objects and then increase the %. i do it with one page and see what a good % is and then do the same for all the pages. Most times I will scale all the text and images together and use master pages to change the background graphics together as even A5 to A4 and v.v. is not totally proportional.

but when sizing up you’d need to make sure your images are high enough resolution for 300dpi (check in info panel or links panel).

For some clients they want both sizes so i will start with A4 then place the original indesign pages proportionally with an image (x) frame. that way as i update the A4, the A5 gets updated automatically. with this method the margins are not as good as if i’d layout each size separately but it fits the purpose!

1 Like

thank you, I didn’t know of this tool.
does it work in rescaling master pages?

yes.
here is image of the icons - if you never used them you will love them!
scale tools

only disadvantage of the tool is all your paragraph styles will all be over-ridden but it’s not such an issue if this is the final resizing you are doing.