Reasonable hourly rate?

I just finished the graphic design course- what would be a reasonable hourly rate to tell a potential employer?
I don’t want to scare them away by asking too much, but I don’t want to sell myself short.
Thanks!

$20-$25 an hour is a reasonable beginners rate for America

Also depends where in US you are located… :smiley:

why, if it’s remote?

I think that sounds a little cheap for a specialty trained job, no?

right that’s what I was wondering… what would you say blimi?

I’m in Brooklyn, New York.
Beginner secretaries here straight out of sem start in offices at $20-$25 hourly. (I think, based on what I hear)
Experienced office secretaries here where I live get at least between $30-$35 hourly.
So I’d assume an in-house graphics job would start at at least that much…

@Yael Another point - you don’t need to quote a price. Your potential boss already knows approximately what they are ready or willing to pay you.
If they ask you how much you want to earn, you can tell them “I’m sure that if I’m the right fit, we’ll find a number that makes sense”

Usually if you say something like that, they will then eventually let you know what they are willing to pay, and then you can decide if that makes sense for you.

Right thanks
this person was looking more for like someone to help with overflow work- it wasn’t a steady job, so I wasn’t sure what would be a normal price to say for that.