Project pricing advice

A client is asking me how long I think it would take me to design his office.
I’m a beginner so I’m not sure hoe long it will take.
It’s a staffing office and he wants it to be a nice cozy place to meet with potential employees

Please let me know how long it would take you

Thank you
It about

Hi Mimi

It looks like you have posted this question under Motion graphics instead of interior Design, can you please repost?

Thank you

It’s hard to answer a question about timing, because it is dependent on many factors. Try to think how long it will take you (in weeks or months) when you consider - the size of the space, how many rooms, if shopping is required, also - some of the time it will takes is dependent on the client - how quickly he can make a decision etc. You should explain this to your client.

Hi Mimi,

The amount of time it will take depends a lot on the client and the way that you work. I would make a list of everything that you need to do on your end and how much time you approximate that it would take and then add more hours to that (you always want to give yourself more time than you think it will be since things come up.) With this information you can tell the client it should take x amount but that it all depends on the client, construction crew, vendors etc. as well.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is normal for a new designer to work extra hours/more time on a project than expected and not to charge the client for that. Consider this an investment for the future. After this job you will understand so much more and be able to adjust things accordingly.

Lots of luck!