Pricing Questions

Thanx so much!

No problem!

Hi!

Iā€™m wondering how much designers charge for package design.

For example some people need label stickers for food items they sell.

Or a full on package design box
Or a few for different products.

Iā€™m still new in the field. Iā€™m wondering what makes sense to charge in these cases.

Thank you

Hi! I was wondering how to price a yearbook layout for a senior high-school class? It is a 2-page layout with a lot of graphics and picture editing that I had to find and do myself. It took me many many hours to complete, but it is my first job and I have just started taking the graphic design course, meaning it makes sense for it to take much longer for me to complete and I would not charge per hour. However, they did rush me and ask if it can be done in one week.
Any ideas on about how much I should charge?
Thanks!

Depends a lot on the complexity of the layout, and how long you think it would normally take if you had more experienceā€¦ If, for example, you think a reasonable rate is $20- $25 per hour and it should have taken about 3-4 hours, then you could charge $75. You have to expect that it would take longer at the beginning, so your hourly rate will actually be much lower when you start out. It always would depend on if you are planning to only do the one spread, or if you will be doing more, in which case it would make more sense to charge for a package. For a single 2 page spread, would think $75 is reasonable and then you could possibly charge extra for the photo editing depending on how intense it wasā€¦if you edited a bunch of headshots, you could charge, for example, $5-$10 per photo that needed to be edited. But if it was more random in the editing, just here and there depending on what needed to be edited, you could add, for example, an extra hour separately for photo editing, shown separately on the invoice. You also have to take into consideration your client, and schools are not generally looking to spend very much. Also depends on if you were hired specifically to do this graphic design work, or if it was within the scope of another job.

The work that I personally have done for yearbook layout was as the teacher for a high school yearbook class, so obviously was not charging them for graphic design work. So donā€™t have personal experience with charging for yearbook designsā€¦
Any one else have experience or opinions on this?

There is a thread that discusses pricing quite extensively earlier on in the forum, everyone posting here might want to check there first to see if it discusses your questions.

Actually, just realizing that this was an earlier thread (: But I think there might be another pricing one as wellā€¦

Calculate the hours it will give times your hourly rate and add another 10-15%. That should give you a fair price.

I think $200 is fair or even cheap for a wedding album.

What about an upsherin logo. It took about 2 min to create, it was very simple and she told me exactly what to do.
How much do you suggest I charge?

Business logo price is from $180 up. If its just for upshering, something cute then i would adjust the price accordingly.

How much should I charge for an instagram ad (for a business)?

I donā€™t think itā€™s different than any other ad. Although it may be worthwhile to see if they want several versions, so that they could post several times and itā€™s not the same thing each time.

Hi! I see this thread has alot of pricing questions.
Whats a reasonable price to charge for a logo, business card and flyer package?

I also have a pricing question, not sure if it was asked yet but I donā€™t think so. What would you charge for a basic flyer for a magazine. Will include text and images but itā€™s not a complicated project. Iā€™m new to the field but Iā€™d love to hear from anyone what they charge so I can get an idea.

I charge $200 for a flyer but this is with max 3 revisions! Any more is another $50 per hour

I am almost finished working on a big project.
Before I started the project I gave a price range based on how big I thought the job would be but it ended up taking way more time than expected with lots and lots of back and forth.
What is the protocol here? Can I give a final price bigger than the range? Should I just take this as a learning experience and stay within the range) (itā€™s not a money making project for the client)

Hi! I am looking for an approx price range for doing graphics for an out of town communityā€™s (in the US) monthly publication. The price would include a retainer fee, as well as switching out ads and misc. info and also design for about 3 different content pages. Asking for an experienced graphic designer (working for 6+ years in design). Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

How much should I charge client to do an ad in a magazine and 2 email blast every month?

Hi, Iā€™ve been doing Graphics for a while, and invest a lot in creating logos and corporate identity. I see the logo prices youā€™ve written, but have noticed that people sometimes want something very cheap i.e. $100 (just so they can advertise.)
my question is: should i turn down jobs and stick to my price, or give lesser quality/simpler logo for cheaper?