Pricing Advice?!

When charging per hour, do you charge for the time it takes to render before exporting?
it literally takes forever for some things… I feel bad to charge but on the other hand I have been hanging around waiting for it to finish rendering to do next part of job for them… please advise!

I usually charge from when I start until I finish

ok thanks!!

I would suggest taking out a spreadsheet and timing how long it takes you from start to finish- render time can be under 1 category, and after 3-4 projects calculating a final price based off that. As charging per hour will at some point not make sense
Also if your render is extremely slow you will eventually want to look into a desktop or stronger computer

@adinacahn Thanks!!
The render is slower for some projects than for others… depends on size of file. does that make sense?
When looking into a computer to buy, I was told this will be great for video editing… I’m not sure what that means bec i dont know much about all technical parts of inside of the computer :wink:
the person i asked knows a lot!!
how would i calculate a price if not for per hour… I’d have a set price for each kind of job?

Yes, depending on the footage size and the amount of effects etc. it can take long.
Even a fast computer will take long to render on specific projects.
Eventually when a client comes to you with a project in your mind you will know how long it should take you about and you’ll base a set price off that. Otherwise you will keep getting quicker with your work but then earning less as you working less hours.

oh i see, Great!!
thanks so much for your help!!!

I’ve done some projects by now and it’s still very hard to make a price for décor; but for design layout I went over to sq. ft. and it makes much more sense-for me and for the client because they know right away how much it’ll cost!

I tell them right away it includes up to 3 revisions and after that I charge per hour…

Hope this helps…

sorry wrong topic :grinning: