PC/Mac

Hello,
I am looking to purchase a new pc or mac. I currently have a laptop but it works really slowly, I don’t know if it is this specific laptop or it’s the programs that are slowing it down. Either way, I want to have a large screen. What would work best with the all the programs, a pc or mac? And any recommendations on which one, whether pc or mac?

When I looked into it, I found that PC’s range a lot, and Macs are all good. You can’t really buy a bad Mac. With a PC, you really have to look into it. OTOH, you can get deals on PCs (even good ones) that you can’t get on Macs.

That being said, I’ve never used Macs…most people who use them adore them :slight_smile:

So I am a Mac-only user, would never use a PC if given a choice. I have used both, specifically for design and other uses too, and I can tell you that once you get used to a Mac, it can’t compare to a PC in terms of usability, quality, interface, etc. In fact, most of my students that enroll in design courses have PCs since they are cheaper and more mainstream, and think they don’t like macs, and within a few months they are all buying macs and wouldn’t change. Like anything else, there are some that prefer one over another, mostly having to do with what you are used to, but like what Peninah said, you can’t really go wrong with a Mac. They are better computers and last longer, and I think definitely worth the higher price.
Regarding macs, there are three main choices, the Mac Mini, the Macbook Pro, and the imac. The Mac mini is the newest rage, compact and packed with power, but pricey. The Macbook Pro is preferred by many who like laptops, and if you need flexibility in terms of mobility, this is probably the way to go. I personally don’t like using laptops for graphics, primarily because of the monitor size and quality. So I am a fan of the more traditional iMac, which has great monitor quality and is also the most affordable of the mac options. You do have some choices within the iMacs, so you can price it out. You also can find some decent used or refurbished ones for much less, some may even include older verisons of the software already installed.
I find that the people at B and H Photo in New York are very helpful, and often you can get the best prices there. You can check out there website at bandhphoto.com, or chat or talk with someone there.
You can also check you this link for more info comparing the macs:
https://www.techradar.com/news/computing/apple/mac-buyer-s-guide-2015-1295725
Best Buy often has good deals as well.
Hope that helps!

If you have unlimited funds and are going with Mac - I think you should go with the newest 16" MacBook Pro. The power of that new MacBook is phenomenal. Literally made for heavy files, and gives you loads and loads of memory.
I’m a Mac-only user, and would never switch over to PC if I didn’t have to. I use a MacBook Pro mid-2015 right now, and it’s amazing, but I would also look for more power and would want to get the new 16" MacBook next.

I am still looking out but I think I will go ahead with an iMac. I contacted b&h and like Alyse mentioned, they were super helpful and explained each part of the iMac and what would benefit me best.
Thank you all for the help!

Good choice! Glad it worked out with B and H-hatzlacha!