Nshei MM Postcard Thoughts

Hi Everyone,
So I am the head of a new program and also happen to be a designer, so I am at the advantage of being able to design the following postcard however I want without any extra expenses.

The goal for the Melava Malka is to get as many of our Nshei as possible (out of our Kollel of 230 couples b"h) to come to the event and hear about our new initiative that we are starting and hope to create warm feelings of the yeshiva nshei and the community to these women.

1. Is that feeling portraited in this postcard?
  2. Are there any changes that should be made?
  3. Is there anything that should be added to the postcard?

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s input!!

Invite Side:

Mailing Side:

Gorgeous!! I think that it looks very warm and inviting. Maybe having a sharper blue color for some of the text will give it a small exciting pop.

1 Like

This is really pretty! Would you use a more feminine color though? The blue doesn’t feel as warm as a purple or pink would.

Though maybe I would center Malka under Melave? I happen to think that the blue gives it a classy look - though all my opinions are totally unprofessional so…

Thanks!!
I think I’m going to keep the colors as I worked hard on the background and it’s hard to change that light blue.
I’m going to try what @eBeB3573 said…

Its very nice! You can add another color so its not so drab looking… I feel like a gold gradient might look nice but it may be hard to read… or a purple…

It’s very pretty and sophisticated, love the typography and layout.
I’m also not so sure about the muted colours as it doesn’t make me want to take any action but if there’s no competition and no reason for ppl to not want to come to the melave malka then this is great as it is.
I feel any of the text you want to stand out could be in white unless you davka like this very subtle look of blue on blue…v. relaxing to look at!
Personally i feel for the text it would help to have:

1. Some kind of direct/personal request e.g. ‘you are invited to…’ or at the end ‘looking forward to seeing you there’. or instead of ‘introducing the new nshei…’ ribbon it could say ‘calling all Nshei to join our new initiative!’
  2. RSVP with a deadline (date) to give a sense of urgency and make them take action.
  3. A line saying if it is a weekly/monthly thing or a one-off (not clear to me which it is)
    Otherwise you could just include all these 3 points in the message that goes with the flyer.

I think it is gorgeous and perfect!
I especially like how you did the melave malka!

Maybe the “divrei bracha…buffet” should not be all-caps. Make it a tad smaller and less leading?
Another funny thing: my eyes keep connecting the word “introducing” (in the ribbon) with the white line of the border…

I would adjust the colors. It is giving me the baby blue feel.

this is very nice,
Warm colors include red, orange, and yellow, so consider adding another colour to make the design pop

1 Like

i love the pink! its much more eye catching.
i would just make the gold gradient more subtle…

The other one was nice, but this is so much nicer!

Wow love it! you really added to the warmth and it’s so much more inviting now! and you still have that sophisticated muted colors :slight_smile:

i dont think you need the colon after dec 25th.

(i’m not 100% in love with the darker bits of the gold gradient as they kind of merge into the background color but i dont think it matters as it is for sure still readable, unless you can add a very subtle white outer glow or shift the gradient so that it’s overall lighter? or make it all white although would be a shame as the gold does give a warmth and regality…)

Stunning!! And I love that you made the textured border thicker!

wow i live it!

1 Like

Its gorgeous!!! I think this is so much more inviting than the first!