New computer

Hi,
I am looking to buy a new computer to handle my graphics work better. I have a choice of either 16gb ram or 32gb ram which is quite a big difference in price! and either a NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5 memory (with the 16gb ram), or NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5 memory (with the 32gb ram). I need a computer that will give me no issues when I work (even when having Photoshop, illustrator, premier pro and email open at once) so do i need to go for the higher spec option? and also could anyone advise me on which systems they use so I could compare??

I don’t think its a real must but the way you’re describing it I think it is definitely worth it to invest in the more expensive one esp. since as it gets older it will slow down.

I’m also looking to buy a good quality computer. I’d love to know which computer you got and if you’re happy with it.

Hi!

I ended up getting the higher spec one and b’'h am beyond happy with it!!!

I got the Surface Studio 2 which is for people obsessed with touchscreen like me? but the price is way out of budget for most people and if you dont want a touchscreen I would say to for sure get an iMac pro which I would have gotten if not for my obsession…

Whatever you get just make sure to have minimum 16gb ram (I got 32) and a dedicated graphics card (essential! - and lots of people forget about it!) and good reviews?

Good luck!

Mine works like a dream although

adobe can crack up sometimes

which can happen on any computer no matter how powerful!!

mind the multiple posts something on this forum wasnt working…

Why do you like touchscreen? Do you think its easier to work with when using the adobe programs?

I love the immersive feeling you get when using it! It’s like your in your work? and obviously with a digital pen it’s way easier to do any drawing / selecting…

Although if you don’t think you need a touchscreen you might be better off buying a mac with a separate pen tablet or display like Wacom if you feel you need it at any point

can you post links of the laptops you bought?