Logo Question

What would you do in the situation that someone asked you to do a logo design (so you worked on the rough drafts, etc), and then the client decided that they are putting the project on hold for three months…?!
Thanks!!

I’m not sure what I would do in that situation but I want to suggest (if you aren’t already doing so) to take a deposit from the client before getting started.

I agree that a 25% deposit is a good idea. Unfortunately, sometimes you need to learn from your mistakes…if this happened once, next time take a deposit, and/or stipulate in a formal or informal contract in initial contact to let them know that if they decide not to continue with the project, a certain amount is due if you got a certain degree into the project, more is due if you got further, etc.
At this point, you probably won’t be able to “force” them to pay. You should, however, try to get something for the work that you did, and explain that once they continue with the project, that money will be counted towards the final price. So, for example, explain to them all the work that was involved etc., bill them for a certain percentage of the price as you normally would bill them, and add in that once they continue with the project you will take that amount towards the total price.
Hopefully they will pay, and that will also encourage them to come back to you rather than another designer if they do continue in three months…
hatzlacha.