Invoicing

Client just told me to send her the invoice when we finish up the project. I am not so professional yet! I’m curious to hear what other designers use to manage invoicing and payments. Do you use any specific software etc.? Can you please post whatever your process is so I can get an idea?
What I have been doing so far (and was working for me even though its not so profesh) is that I just gave a price, either over the phone or by email.
All advice as to how I can set myself up more professionally as a business is welcome!
Thanks!

i do invoicehome.com, it’s simple and free

Wave invoicing is also really easy and you can customize it to your own brand colors to make it look nicer. That’s what I use

Thanks! Will try them out.

in israel i use greeninvoice.com as it creates the offical receipts needed for taxes but for invoices i designed my own template and just fill in the name/date/project/hours each time.

Def best practice to have things in writing! even if you do a phone call, i would then email a summary with a price and the scope and have them agree by email and at the end of the project send an invoice (and then i also send a receipt once payment received)