Invoices

Hi! When creating an invoice template, what categories should one include? Do you need to include your address and other personal information? And does one need to send the client a receipt after they have paid?

I would advise that you provide your address on the invoice. I have often needed the address to complete the payment invoice. I would also include your email, date, inv number and payment options besides for the services and payment amount.

If the client does not ask for a receipt you may not need to provide one but either way you should acknowledge when you have received the payment.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

Thanks so much! Why is the invoice number important? (it gets annoying to keep track…). Also, usually my address is already listed there for payment options- do you think it needs to be included in the “header” as well?

Inv number so that when they pay they can use as a reference and they you know which inv the payment is for. It does not need to be exact number of invoices sent out or you can use reference.

You dont need to put address twice but a lot of invoices have add at the top

Hi,
You could be fine with just an email address, if you don’t want to give a physical address, especially if you don’t have a specific business address or PO box. But definitely phone and email-plenty of contact info lends legitimacy to your business.
Try freshbooks.com for invoicing templates.