Infographic

Looking for critique. Is it clear to read? What about the design and colors? I tried to keep it simple…
Also, they took me forever to make! Like, 5-6 hours probably. Is that normal for such kind of work or way way too long??? Colors are really more muted and pastelly.

I didnt read through it all, but it looks too confusing to me. Too many shapes, too much going on. Infographic should be very clean and simple to follow.

i think it’s very clear. i wouldn’t call it an infographic as much as it looks like more like a flow chart of what happens in diff scenarios if a teacher is organised or not. i found it quite appealing and interesting to read. I like the color choices…
and i think yes that amount of hours makes sense, this is not a straightforward layout, lots to juggle!

it would just be helpful to have an overall title to give it context of what you are about to look at/read but i presume whoever gives it will explain

I also found it clear! I like the little people icons :slight_smile:

I agree, i understand it’s a flow chart but I can’t follow it easily. Maybe make the organized teacher info a shade lighter or darker so it’s easier to differentiate

Its for a new method the principal wants to implement in the school for makeup tests as the previous method (see before image) wasn’t working - see e/o frustrated at the bottom!

Principal gave me all the text, and she wants all of it incorporated - she will be explaining it and adding more info to this when she presents it to her teachers.

Any advice how to better organize it?
She will be using this version - she needed it for today - but I am wondering for future. Thx!

@rivkah , thanks for the validation about the hours - I am new and constantly wondering if I am pacing myself correctly!!!

How much more to charge for a rush job???
How much to charge for such a job in the first place???
All pricing advice appreciated!

re prices/hours, yes it is tricky… there’s much to be said on the topic! boils down to how you value your self/services and communicate that value to your client :slight_smile:

if it’s a school/non-profit, you could give a special rate and communicate that for regular clients you charge $x/hr or a fixed rate and for them you are doing a special deal. But it should still be an amount you are happy with. Best to get the money part clear BEFORE you start working!

Generally when you start out and are looking for practice and building up your portfolio, you charge less for working harder and as you become more proficient and busy, you can charge more for working faster! (whether that is hourly/fixed)

I would ask a few of your graphic designer friends who are are at a similar level to you and in same country what their base hourly rate or logo and ad prices are so you can see what is a norm (bearing in mind there will always be ppl who charge less and charge more!).

and you can also ask your client what their budget is for a project. (but many prefer to have you make the quote!)

:slight_smile: , yes, I generally give a price before! I did a few other things for this principal for which we had discussed a price, and then she added this last minute right before she needed it.
I do usually try to feel out clients budgets beforehand because then I can try to find a price we can both agree on - or I can reduce scope.
I was wondering about pricing for infographics (in this case a flow chart is a better description) since:
1: I have never done anything like this
2: It feels like an awful lot of work for just one sheet

i hear what you’re saying! i have noticed for one client where a project took me a while, they just didnt ask me to do it again - they prob found someone quicker or maybe they just realised it’s not a cost-effective thing to ask for!! (but they still give me diff. jobs BH!) so maybe she wont give you a job like that in future! but hopefully will pay you for your time this time!

Yes, LOL :slight_smile: she just emailed me today that she has another project for me! She prob will not want something like that again since it was just for one time use and she probably realized its not cost-effective, like you’re saying. Don’t worry, she is paying me :wink:
All in all, between all the things I did for her, I don’t think I am losing out even though I charged pretty little for the flow chart because when I factor it all together its a decent rate per hour.
You win some, you lose some!
Why do we always charge per hour though? :thinking: Shouldn’t we be charging by value of the project for the client???

yes i agree re win some lose some.
yes charging by value of project is normally seen as better than hourly… (i’m currently opting to stay comfortable in my money mindset blocks…but if you want to break out of it, i recommend Debbie Sassen’s approach… has podcast and emails that v.good and a wired for wealth program if you ready to invest and make changes!)