Imperial Template

Im trying to do a drawing on an imperial template . Why does it not allow me to get the temporary dimensions from the ends of the wall?

You are always selecting the object you want to move and it will give a temporary dimension in the direction you can move to based on a objects created nearby. When its a wall between 2 walls the horizontal dimension wont show up.
If you want to move the wall on the right or left of the selected wall you will see the horizontal temporary dimension show up.

looking at this dimension that is showing up, i want to move this wall to 1" 8. But if you look closely the two blue dots on the side of the dimension is only moving until the centerline of the wall. why . i want the measurement from the full exterior mark of the wall, Screenshot 2024-02-21 081351

please also advise on my previous question, category “homework class 9”

Use the grip to move the dimension. We cover it in Class 3 and it is in the notes.

I tried using the grips but it doesn’t move. I went back to my centimeter template and there it does allow me to move the grips all the way to the exterior wall. Thats exactly my question, what could be the reason that in my imperial project it’s not allowing me to move the grips past the centerline? it is set to exterior face the walls. Please advise. Thank you

Use an aligned dimension and set to wall faces

when I’m using aligned dimension, it doesn’t allow me to change the measurement. does Revit work differently with the imperial settings and the metric settings? in my centimeter template, with the temporary measurements I can pull the little blue dots to the exterior line and revise my measurements accordingly, in the imperial template it’s not allowing me to pull the little blue dots to the exterior of the wall and change my dimensions. why is that so? Any setting that might be set wrong that I should check? also, with the imperial template if i type in 15 for example, for the wall measurements it actuality sets it at to 14 and change.as you’llScreenshot 2024-02-21 220654
see on the attached image. please advise. P.S. will we at all be doing any work in the imperial template. it’s a bit confusing when our measurements are feet and inches here, to be learning it all in centimeters.

It works the same.
Upload the file to Google drive and send me the link and I’ll have a look at it. Leave the dimensions you created on.

how do I leave the measurements that I created on. when drawing the walls the measurement i create is only visible until I click to create the wall. can I set it to stay visible as I am creating the walls ?.

Create the aligned dimension. Temporary dimensions will turn off

Just move the grips to where you want it to.

Video of how I do it

its not moving on my revit file.

select it with tab

i finally got it! thanks for your help.