How should I handle this situation?

Someone asked me for a logo, I told him I would start working on it, and he was good with that.
I sent him a few different options and he responded :
Thank you for the samples. Will consider it.

Does this mean that he is not necessarily paying me?
They weren’t exactly samples, they were logos and I spent a lot of time on it!

I responded that he should let me know which logo he likes and if there was anything he would like me to further develop and he didn’t respond.
I emailed a few days later “Hi, just checking in” and again, no response.

Should I send an invoice and hope for the best?

What do you suggest?

Thank you!!

Did you give him the price beforehand?

I’m assuming it was clear that he was paying for it… if yes, send an invoice and tell him that if he’d like to move forward, you’ll be happy to continue working with him and send him the final files

I didn’t give him a price- he didn’t ask
I’ve had clients who I’ve done work for in the past and they don’t ask the price- I just send them an invoice and they pay.

I would assume work from a graphic designer would be for pay unless specified that it’s a chessed project, is that correct?

Did you give him a price? conditions? how many options - how many rounds of revisions?

Rule #1 never start working till you have a deposit payment or smaller projects even the full payment.

A hard situation!
Get yourself a contract though now for future jobs - make sure the clients sign it and never start work until you have the deposit… it’s the only way :slight_smile:

For now, you can send an invoice , say your happy to have worked for them and hope for the best.You might have to swallow it but it’s a good learning curve (it’s how I learnt as well!) Discuss pricing and contract before every job:) and ask for a significant deposit. That’s how you know client is serious and will follow thru with the project.

Ouch, @Yael tough situation! It’s a learning curve - for future jobs, even if you don’t have a contract yet, always discuss pricing before (I find it very important that clients know how much they will need to pay and it avoids the sticker shock after when you slap them with an invoice that is way more than they expected)
I don’t have a contract yet - I should :smiley: - but I make sure to discuss pricing and take a deposit.
Always take a deposit before - that makes the client committed. Once they paid, they will want to finish the job with you so they at least get something out of it!
I’d say send an invoice - maybe include on the invoice that full price is XYZ, and since you only did concept/sketching/ideation etc. you will only charge X percent.
I hope you do get paid for this!

Thank you everyone!
Does anyone have a copy of a contract that they could send so that I know what to include for future projects?

thanks!

yaelkibel@gmail.com

Thank you!