Designing children's workbook price

Hi what’s a good way to give a quote for a children’s workbook? Something for preschool kids…
About 100 something pages?

I guess per hour doesn’t work but is better to charge per page or just a price for the job?
If so what would be reasonable pricing?

Thanks so much!!

These type of jobs its best to charge per page
How much design do you need to do on each page? Does it follow a standard format like a novel or is each page its own design?

I don’t think I need to do a complete redesign for every single page…

• Charge an initial setup fee to come up with the “branded style of the workbook” and the basic template.
  • if there are 5 style pages you charge to design each one
  • once the design is set you and you are inserting the info into each page - you have a templated price per page
  • Make sure to find out if the workbook needs custom illustrations. If it does you bill for that separately. If you use stock it is included in the price.

I’ve met with the client.
It’s “Learning the ABC” kind of book.
As in first a page with the letter & vector images, then an activity, plus a reading page or two per letter.
@adinacahn @zaksahuva1 how much would you say to charge per page? What is standard?

How much you charge per page depends on your level of general design experience and your experience with this kind of project. If you want help with numbers you could email me samples of your work and some info about yourself and I can try to help you price it out.

Email: zaksahuva1@gmail.com