Critique and Advice on Purim Mishloach Manos

So part of my Mishloach Manos this year will be smoothie ingredients for the recipient to make. A few things popped up for me:

How do I make the page as elegant as the theme? Attached, you’ll find my sticker idea. I’d like to incorporate that into my ingredients design, but don’t know how, re which rose to use and if petals make sense. The color theme is mauve and white.

How do I print on an envelope so a regular envelope can become fanky instead of basic? I never printed on an envelope before. So I would really appreciate input on directions of how to. A personal touch is much more than google research can provide. Maybe directing me toward a website wouldn’t be a bad idea. I would greatly appreciate your help and feedback.

20240212_035349_0000

I would go with the second page as it matches the sticker. Maybe add some petals in mauve on the bottom or some more flowers somewhere on the page.
I’ve never printed envelopes but sometimes I look at canva for inspiration. They have some nice ideas for envelopes:
Customize 96+ Envelopes Templates Online - Canva

I didn’t look at your suggestion before doing this. This good?

Here is the envelope with one of the recipients names on it. The Mishloach Manos won’t be mailed so it just needs to say their names.

Really cute! Would you consider removing the rectangle border from around the petals? I’d also transform the petals because they look a little stretched.

I took out the frame. Didn’t realize its there. Now I am finding it difficult to print. It’s 4 1/8 and 9.5. And when I put in 4.125x9.5, it doesn’t print the rose at the left upper corner of the page. Any ideas?

Would you suggest the petals stay the same as the letterhead?

I used the shear tool to make it lay on the floor vs. a random setup like it was before. Would you be referring to the shear tool making it too stretched or me not pressing shift on purpose that you’re referring to? Meaning, is the letterhead with shift better than the envelope without shift?

Here is a sample of envelope with shift:

This is how it comes out when printed. HP, my printer company. says that it isn’t an HP problem, and they directed me to Adobe. But I don’t know if it’s theirs either. Any ideas of what to do here?

Maybe it’s the wrong dimensions? It’s a 4.125x9.5 envelope. Do I widen the size a little? If so, to what size?

Have you set your printer/print settings to print on an envelope (besides for setting the document size to match the envelope)? Because otherwise it may be printing as though it was a regular size paper.

I’ve set everything to print with #10 envelope in mind. In my printer panel on the computer and on my printer too. So what could be the issue?

Which one is better? The one with the name Mamish in the center or the name not too far below the rose?

Please lemme know as I accidentally started printing too soon and don’t want to waste envelopes.

Printer has issues so I accommodated to those issues and put the rose somewhere else.

Thoughts on poem and ingredients of the other pages? Anything to change or fix? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am B’Dafka not asking my friends to make it a complete surprise. Hope you guys are Maskim to be the input givers because of this reason…

Just noticed in is missing an i and the smoothie is because need to find recipe for it, so I am leaving it empty for another time. It is late here in NY.

@Alyse-Bayles any thoughts?

I would centre align the poem.

Woah, super fancy @ShoshanaElisheva! Such a cute idea, and impressive that you’re so organized and already designing fancy mishloach manos :slight_smile:

I like the name centered on the envelope, and I agree about centering the poem.
Also wondering if you can either make the font smaller or lower the kerning so the yogurt text fits on 1 page.

Wondering if on the poem would be easier to read if there was a bit of space between every 2 lines that ryhme. Also would try to get all yogurt text on 1 page unless you are planning to add more text.
Side note-not sure that a yogurt maker is the same thing as a blender…

So meaning it shouldn’t be directly below the rose?