Contact Form

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone would be able to guide me.
I’m using WP forms-free version, and I’m trying to change the email address that the contact form gets sent to. Not sure why it is not working.

Thanks

I’m not sure how to solve your issue. You may have to work with smpt.
But fyi, you can’t view submissions on wp lite anymore.

Thanks…I think it has something to do with smtp.
I noticed that, I don’t think it is an issue for her because she only checks her emails.
(In general, do you think it is worth upgrading to pro?)

Depends on how complex the form is. I like using forminator free version.
eitherway it worth it to set up smtp

Is there any contact form that you don’t need to setup SMTP?
We didn’t learn anything about SMTP…I thought forms were so straight forward…:frowning:

Yes, it was confusing I sort of taught it to myself. A bit of a guessing game, which mailer to use.

If you want to ensure that all mail arrives from WordPress to your mail- its recommended.
It takes time and practice to set up, but after a couple of times it takes about 10 min

We don’t go through it in class, but we have a primer on SMTP and it is in the homework/extra reading material :slight_smile:

Is it enough to just set up the SMTP with API, or do I need to point the DNS every time as well?

I don’t usually touch DNS settings for SMTP. What are you using?
There are some that just ask for the password. I think the company that makes WPForms has a very easy one. (I usually use Postman SMTP which is sometimes a pain but keeps an email log, which I like)

@Chani_Freedman-Thumi WPForms Lite doesn’t let you view submissions online?

Not anymore:(

Yes, I am using the one from WPForms; it’s just that have been getting this message that they strongly recommend adding these TXT records to my site’s DNS.

Interesting. Which email service are you using? (Now I’m remembering Sendinblue also has you do that but it’s on their end, not from the SMTP plugin)

Yes, I am using sendinblue. I did not work on the DNS but everything seems to be working fine.