Color Printing Wrong

I designed a upsherin label for someone in shades of blue and when I printed it it printed in shades of purple. Why is this happening? I worked in CMYK. I need advice urgently! Thanks!

Can anyone help me with this?

Sometimes blues come out different on some printers. You can try to adjust your coloring so that it prints properly, or use a different printer

I just had the same thing with a brown logo that printed very dark, it looked almost like black. It’s for my son’s upsherin so I prefer to just use these than go through the hassle of finding a different printer, if it would be for a client it would be a bigger issue. In general, it’s good to print a sample first to see if the colours print right.

I should just switch the color to a similar blue? @chanamiriam
This is for a client - I can’t give her the purple version.
Can anyone recommend which printers they’ve had a good experience with in Boro Park?
Also, is this an issue with my screen or the printing? I’ve never had this issue yet. Can anyone advise?
Thanks

Of course the digital file you send should be the correct color but you can tweak the coloring for print and print a sample with whichever printer you’re using to make sure that it’s correct
I never had this experience myself but this is all based on what I know

This is the issue with CMYK, every run will be a drop different. You should use pms colors, that way it will be exactly how you want it.

You mean pantone? I’m pretty new to graphic design. I can print with pantone at a local printing store on the avenue? I thought I could only use pantone for the bigger, more professional print stores. This was just a couple of sheets of labels.

I don’t think you can print pms for such a small job - it would cost you a lot of money for the set up fee.

or maybe your screen colors are what’s off - did you try viewing the file on different screens?

I once worked with a printing guy and this was his rule to get a blue that wasn’t purple-y: No more than 70% magenta to 100% cyan.

So I googled a bit, and I found out that blue can often print as purple since the cyan and magenta mix, so the cyan and magenta should be at least a 30% difference, some recommend a 40% difference in the values. So I upped the cyan, and pulled down the magenta in all my swatches for the file, and upped the black instead to get the color back to what I wanted. I reprinted it this morning, and bh it was perfect!

Its interesting that the new version printed just like what I saw on my screen but the original version looked blue on my screen and printed purple-y. I viewed it on some other screens and it was more to purple-y but still blue, only when it printed did it print very purple-y.
How do I calibrate my screen to ensure that the colors are displaying accurately?