Client advice

Does anyone ever have that they send a draft of an ad to a client (and write specifically that it’s a draft) and then the client replies ‘that’s perfect, I sent it to print!’
Sometimes it’s not even ready for print in my opinion, ex. I realized something I should change but didn’t want to change it before getting the client’s opinion on the draft.

I’ve had this happen a few times and want to know if anyone has any advice on how to prevent this.

Watermark a big DRAFT across the middle?!

I put something as a watermark or I send them a screenshot with the screen so they can’t send it to print.

I also usually send a screenshot, but I still had it happen to me a few times :wink:

Either put a watermark or do a low quality jpeg. And state clearly that you will send the high quality file/final version after hearing they approve it.
Regarding things you think should be changed, even if they approve your draft with no changed, I would recommend sending a second draft with the changes you thought should be made and explaining… either they like version a or b so it would be fine either way

Annoying!! I second @chanamiriam , I write “once approved, I will send the print-ready version.”

I do watermarks or I send a screenshot with something blocking the design… Like the swatches panel :slight_smile:

Put your watermark or send as a mockup.

i hardly have had that! you must be good :slight_smile:

i usually end file name with draft1 so maybe that helps…

Has anyone ever had a client who likes to appear and disappear?
Sometimes they responds right away (even if its the middle of the night for them!) and pays pretty timely, and then sometimes asks for a project, and then silence after I send the first draft for as long as a month…
What do I do? I even sent the invoice twice saying to pay now, and I am open to finishing up the project when they are ready. But still I got no response.
Any suggestions?

Yes!!! I do have such a client and can be really frustrating. I sent him a very nice email about it once and he wrote back “sorry, I can sometimes farshlep” :slight_smile: after which he paid and responded right on time… I suppose sometimes bigger companies may have larger projects on their mind and they can forget about the design you are in the middle of…

Right. I guess having an ambitious mind without being ‘yekke’ can do that…
I always wonder what the right balance is when dealing with clients:
Professional verses open.
Any thoughts?

Sometimes you can try sending them a follow up email. As uncomfortable as it is to keep bothering them, we are doing work for them and its very hard when their so unresponsive.

ChatGPT to the rescue :slight_smile:
I recently had to send out a few ‘uncomfortabla’ emails I just wrote what I need the email to be about and I got a beautifull, professional email text written.
The cherry on top, I got the results I wanted!
(one was for a client who was unresponsive, since then the emails go back and forth very easily, one was to resolve a money miscommunication…)
Try it, you’ll be amazed!

1 Like