Charging for Illustration

I drew this girlie for someone. Now I need advice as to how much to charge for it. Charging per hour is not so relevant as I am beginner. Can anyone weigh in? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I can’t help you, but it’s really cute:)

1 Like

I think the first question is what will the illustration be used for? If its going to be a mascot that will appear on everything or a once off illustration they will use (like a spot illustration)

She is so cute what ever her price

Thanks everyone for the comments! I think she wants to put it on a t-shirt but its not for major production, just for her family. That means it will just be used once. It didn’t actually take me forever to make it, just about an hour to draw it and then some more time to polish it up but I’m sure that with more experience it will take me faster to draw something like this.
So, do I charge her per hour? and if yes, what is reasonable per hour?

Does $60 - $80 sound like the ballpark you were thinking?

Btw to anyone reading this- Im answering for this specific Tshirt case not for an illustration illustrated!

Thanks, @adinacahn, I didn’t have a specific price in mind (I said I’m beginner:) but I think this sounds reasonable and I’ll go in this range. BTW, what would you suggest if its not for a t-shirt but just an illustration?