Catalogue

Hi,

Can anyone advise how much to charge for a catalogue, beginners price?
Would I charge per page or per spread? Also is the cover and back a separate charge?
Any advice would be helpful
Thanks!

IS anyone able to give me advice? I have to get back to the client…

I’ve never done a catalogue before however you can search for similar topics in the forum. I’m sure such a question has come up already.

I’ve never done a catalogue either but I know people charge for such things by the hour.

If you are beginner I would charge per project because it may end up taking much longer than you thought it would. I would just give a set amount on full catalogue front and back included.
You can tell them that you charge for changes etc… hope this helps. Ive never made a catalogue for a client, but Ive done lots for my office I work at. They are very time consuming projects. Dont under charge. Go with your gut feeling.

Best way to charge for big projects is to break it down,

1. Template design price- to design the grid/ design element sfonts and layout idea
  2. price per page after that (and time the first few pages to check to got it right)
  3. price for corrections (up to x hours included and then charged at a per hr rate.

The client will not have any idea how large the catalog will be so this way of charging (other than per hr) is a sure way to be fair to anyone, or you can quote a huge price yo cover yourself but client may not accept that.