Booklet brochure printing trouble

Hi,

I created this booklet for a local school’s give or get program. It is printing incorrectly. Is it formatted wrong? Is there anything I should reformat? The front and back cover were not printing correctly with the booklet. I sent it as an InDesign and pdf version to them. All the pages are 8.5 by 7 and all the middle pages are spreads. What is going wrong???

Not sure why but one rule about booklet printing - it always has to be a divisible of 4 and in these screenshots you are only showing 7 pages. Also maybe it needs to be sent to the printer as single pages…

Thank you! I don’t know what it is… It is 20 pages long. I tried sending it as single pages, it also did not work. They were not printing it professionally; it could be that is where it got messed up… I hope it is not my fault, but if it is I want to fix it.

What about it was printing incorrectly? How did it look when it was printed?

If the cover printer correctly as a full page, then each of the spreads would only take up one page (so it would end up being half the correct size). I created it as one InDesign document with each page being 8.5 by 7 (so the spreads ended up being 8.5 by 14).

When they tried printing it as single spreads it printed out of order with the back cover first then the front cover and so on.

If they are printing it on their own in the school then I think you need to export as single pages (not spreads) and they would need to set it up correctly as a booklet in the printing options. They can always check the preview to see if it is setting up correctly.

Did their printer do the stapling/binding? Cuz it should print the back cover first and then the front cover because when it will get folded that would be the correct order. (See the screenshot I attached previously.)

Thank you so much!! I sent them this and they printed accordingly!!