Basement Layout

There is currently a window by both sides…
I also realized that meat is smaller and made the same calculation, but I’ll let them know and if they want they could switch it around.
Thanks!!

What if you would turn the ex’g family room into the kitchen and the part of the house that juts out would be a walk-in pantry/Pesach kitchen. You would center the dining room entrance with a nice archway, family room on the right and powder room on the left.
Also, I would make the dining room a bit smaller so that the wall to the right and left of the windows are eq.
I attached a sketch to better visualize.
Good luck!!
Processing: Proposed First Floor.pdf…

It looks great!!
I guess all I needed was a pair of fresh eyes :wink:

She might not like it 'cuz of the distance between kitchen to dining, and I’ll have to find another purpose for the ‘walk in pantry’ area-she hates walk in pantry & she has Pesach kitchen in the garage but otherwise the changes makes a lot of sense!!

Thanks so much!!!

Maybe a small study? :woman_shrugging:
Keep us posted with updated design layouts!!

Office will be in basement so no need for study.
Will do-thanks for all your help!!

After back and forth for almost 3 months first with the client then with the contractor (I’m oh so happy I charged hourly :wink:) this is the final layout.

I gained a lot of experience working with clients on this one…

Thanks for all your ideas :clap: was very helpful!!

1 Like

Really nice!!

Great job, thanks for posting back here!
Any tips you can share from the experience you gained from this job?

Sure.

If you know who the contractor is, contact him immediately and keep him in the loop-especially with an old house remodel. The basement height is 7’ and he still had to drop 14" for a/c for about 5’ long=I couldn’t put a 6’8" door there… It also has 2 load bearing walls (annoying :expressionless:) And I only found out after the client was excited about the first layout…

If you send a layout/email and didn’t get a response within 2 days (depending on the client) call them! After a few weeks I realized that calling her that I sent something please check out is the best option!

Hope you have easy client-makes life much smoother!!!

Thanks again for all your help :kissing:!

This looks amazing! So well thought out! Basements are always a challenge due to all of the support beams and ductwork, and especially the lower ceilings. You definitely can’t put a price on experience, but I’m really glad you charged by the hour!