Baby album inspiration

Does anyone do baby albums or wedding albums that would be able to share with me samples of what they’ve done? Someone asked me to create a baby album and i never did one before, so i kind of don’t know where to start. would love to have some inspiration and even just to get a basic idea of what it entails.

Thanks in advance!

What sort of album are they going for? clipart style? or more of a plain classy look?

Any. They used to just give a regular album with pictures that slide into the plastic… For this one they want to “upgrade”, but they don’t have any preferences. I guess i would have to decide - would probably go with a classy look - i think it’s simpler.

I haven’t done baby albums, but I do engagement albums… If that helps u, send me your email address and I’ll send u some of my work

Thanks so much @RivkyH! I really would love to see samples of both and then ill figure out what i want to do…
You can email me @ rivkybiz@gmail.com

i would also take a look at the popular online photobook websites and possibly start an album for free to see their sample templates for diff categories. sometimes they use nice themes throughout the album. we had an israeli guy do our wedding album and he did diff styes for each spread.

Also make sure you know does your client actually want to print using an online photo printing place as then you may want to check their specs for uploading a custom design (and check its even an option as some may require you to use their online templates). also check if you can do double-spread photos coz it can look really effective but only looks good with a certain type of book that lies flat.

Thanks @rivkah for that info! Do you know which online photobook websites have good quality printing? Because i used snapfish and shutterfly a few years ago, and wasn’t happy with the printing. The colors were too dull.

@Rivkys https://www.picaboo.com/ prints top quality albums. Not cheap, but really good quality.

which country? for uk we used photobox.co.uk, for israel i used albombom.co.il up till now but want to switch to wow.co.il, no idea about usa!
i often find photos print more dull than you’d want! not sure if this is b/c anything on screen is using RGB and brighter and anything printed is CMYK… probably photos need to be brightened before being sent to printers but you’d think photobook websites would adjust it automatically…

I use https://www.printique.com they do a stunning job

Do you know if printique allows you to upload done spreads?

Yes you can upload your finished spreads, I used them a few times already and they are great.

Great! Thanks everyone!
I have another question related to baby albums - how can i scan printed pictures so that i can use it in the album? A regular copy/scanner doesn’t do a good job. Is there a special scanner that’s meant for photos?

I’ve used https://www.zno.com/ to print albums and photos and I’ve been happy with the quality.

i used zno but wasn’t so happy… could be because i chose the cheapest option - i’ve heard from others that they were happy. But I did like that they were easy to deal with and sent a reprint without making a fuss…

and if you want one more there’s also Mpix:):slight_smile: has tons of options of sizes and great quality pics… but I was ok with Picaboo- just need to brighten all pics before printing

I do albums for people and i found that zno.com is by far the best when it comes to quality and service.
Regarding scanning pictures- i had no problem with my pics from a regular scanner

Did you ever do baby albums specifically? Do you mind sending me some samples of your work?
You can email rivkybiz@gmail.com

Hi! I do engagement and master albums all the time, and was very happy with the printing of nphoto.com this site is a bit harder to navigate and they’re pretty pricey but if you’re looking to really enter the line , and become a true professional I’d recommend you try it… And regarding baby albums, there are 2 styles going now 1- the more traditional (old-timer :wink:)style , including colored/printed backgrounds and funky borders /clip art/text… 2- the modern clean style which is a few pictures on a spread in squares or rectangles without background space (all photos meet) you can do 1 side of the spread a single photo and the other side 4 photos etc…
oh , and very important : do a super cute cover… either cutest photo blown up on padded or arcrylic cover… or do a suede or velvet with the name embossed… (somehow this makes clients happy :smiley:
good luck!

Good to know, i have no idea what kind of albums are going now. Can you send me some ideas? i would love to do the modern style, but i wonder how that works by a baby album - usually people want a description of what the picture is… no?