Advice Working With Client

I typeset a sefer for a client.
He came back to me with endless changes numerous times.
Finally his changes went down to one or two typos that he found here and there.
Eventually I told him that we are done.
He said ok.
Then a week later he comes to me with another change…
What do I do? Just do the change for him? Or enough is enough?
Any advice???
thank you!

Before starting to work on a project with a client you should write out the guidelines before so there are no confusions in the middle or after.
This should include the amount of times you will be doing revisions and after that there should be a charge for each additional revision this way the client is more careful the first time around.
For example: include 2 rounds of revisions and then charge $25/additional revisions.

Hope this helps!

Once the client is “done” I would charge extra for any additional changes

I would definitely be more up front in the future about how many revisions are part of the price and then what further changes would cost. For now I would tell him, I can do this for you but I’ll have to charge you xyz amount for the time.

Thank you for all of the replies.
Yes I have learnt my lesson to be more upfront about how many revisions are a part of the price.
I have been charging him for my time, but now I told him that since we are finished, it would cost him $25/change.

Good job!
I feel like each frustrating client situation teaches me how to be more more proactive with the next client.
Thanks for the idea of charging per edit! I’ve been doing by-the-hour, but often such a hassle… Good idea!

I usually write how many rounds of corrections (total x hours) are included in the price, but even if you didn’t do that. Once the client is done, i would charge per hour at minimum of 30 min for all the additional changes.