Advert Design

Hi,

I am working on an ad for a client - i got the copy from a copywriter so thats all done… and iv lit spent two whole days working on it but iv come up with nothing!

when i do logo design i have a very good structure of how i go abt it… mood board, mind map, sketching etc so im wondering how you go about designing an ad to avoid designers block!

it doesnt always happen… my last ad just came to me and was finished in 2 hours! i just need to know what the best way to go abt it so i shldnt spend like now 2 days and get nothing…

Thanks!

Sometimes you can get creative block and just need Inspo to get it flowing! Sometimes if you stop working on it and take a walk or something it helps!
what’s the topic of the ad?

yea so yesterday i just stopped after i saw its not working and came back to it with a fresh mind… hope its gonna help… its for a makeup artist which is quite difficult coz she doesnt want it to look generic…

Sounds fun!!
Happy to help if you need!

So frustrating!! I wonder if every designer has this? I can definitely relate!
I find that often it helps to take a break and try to find new inspiration.
But sometimes the opposite works - sit over it when you have lot of time and you’re not pressured… make new sketches, try to start from scratch, print it out and play around with it that way…
My personal trick (probably a common one): I think of ideas before falling asleep at night :smiley:
Hatzlacha!

I totally get designers block all the time…
What helps is to realize that you are stuck and to let it go - don’t think too much about it and keep it in the back of your mind while you are doing other things, that is usually when the best ideas hit.
It also really helps to look at tons of inspiration ads for similar and related companies…

Can relate. Wishing lots of S"D & Hatzlocho!

Perhaps you can use the same brainstorming as logo design but with different objectives in mind. Eg: hierarchy, composition, mind mapping for images you may want to include, font styles etc
Show us the result!

Think we all designers are in the same boat :wink:
I usually continue on with other things and then go back to it.
Somtimes our head thinks clearer in the morning and sometimes late at night.
I keep looking out for inspo, on the street, around the house, everything can be an inspiration

I agree with @Breindy-S and @hadassyf, I would look for similar ads for inspiration on how you would want it to look and also even what you don’t want the ad to look like. Hopefully, something you see will spark an idea. Sometimes if I get stuck, I like to just start working with what I have (text, logo, photos etc.) placing them and once I have the basic idea of what the ad needs to include, then a few hours later, I come back with a fresh eye to make it even better and will change the ad around. You can also ask the client if she has anything specific in mind of how it should look (besides for not generic). Good Luck!!

Thanks everyone! Hope to have good news that I managed something and to ask you all for your opinions but so far nothing to show yet🙈

seriously?! well good luck!
Hope some inspiration strikes quickly!
Can’t wait to see something by Sunday - pressures on now!! Sometimes pressure helps also - this client doesn’t have a deadline when she needs it by?

not really she didn’t give me a deadline… although i made myself a deadline of today which unfortunately has passed already😣

instead of looking only at makeup ads, look at ads for similar things (perfume, spa…)
hatzlacha!!!

maybe this can be of help