Adobe InCopy

For a project, I’m going to be laying out text (mostly poems). The writer wants to be able to make small changes to the text while I work on the design. (It’ll be fine for this project). I saw there is a program called Adobe InCopy. How does that work and do you think it’ll work for this type of project?

incopy is like microsoft word. you’ll have more limited design options and workflow

Are InDesign and InCopy able to work together? (ie. I do the design work in InDesign while the client makes the edits in InCopy?)

interesting you bring this up now as i do typesetting for a publisher and we were looking into trying to streamline processes and InCopy came up - yes the whole point of it is that non designers can make text edits without it ruining the layout.

I have a feeling it can’t be so straightforward as if they add too many extra words it’ll change number of pages and that will probably mess up chapter openers etc…

I think it’s def worth you trying it. I think client would need to pay for an InCopy licenses - it is a cheaper app than the other adobe apps at least!

If you do it please post how it goes!