Logo price

How much is a reasonable amount of money to charge for a logo (no business card or letterhead) if I am fairly new at graphic design?
Is $100 too little or too much?

Too low, unless doing it as a favor for someone and applying a discount, and you know it is very straightforward without edits, i.e they know exactly what they want. Here is a pretty good pricing guide to check out:

You will see there is a really big range of rates for projects, but I do think it gives a good general sense.

Even as a beginner you can for sure charge $150-180

If it helps, I?m a beginner and charge more like $200

Thanks so much!!
I also thought it was too cheap, but one of my siblings (who I am not doing it for) thought I was asking too much…

What does everyone think about a price for a nursery newsletter?

Why nursery letter logo be any different in price than any other logo?

I think Gila is not asking about a logo, rather a whole nursery newsletter design which I have no idea how to price it…

Depends on so many factors. How many pages is the newsletter? How heavily designed is the layout (is it just text with some images, or more of a design?) Are they providing all the text and imagery? Are you using a template? etc. What be standard to charge more for the first layout since you need to set it all up etc, and assuming you would follow a similar layout for the other issues you would then charge significantly less for future issues. I know this was discussed very specficially in an earlier thread about pricing. If you look through the forum there should be a long pricing thread from last year, and there was a newsletter pricing discussion in there.

Yes, so read the old forums by now, it was very helpful. These newsletters that I am creating though are on a much smaller scale than the 25 page newsletter that was discussed earlier. I am making a newsletter for a very very small new yeshiva, each class has their own newsletter like 2 pages long.

This is the design, I don’t know if it’s considered heavily designed or not but obviously it’s going to be shifted around a lot. Any critique on this anyone, while we’re at it? Still working on some of the pictures on the bottom.

Give more space around the text. I would go with brighter colors.

very cute! Yes I also think for a nursery newsletter it should have more primary solid colors like bright yellow, red, blue, green… (as opposed to mustard/navy/grey… it could just be my computer tho…) but the design and fonts are cute and kid friendly! but overall very nice job!

Nice and fun. The colors actually don’t bother me, a bit more original than the typical nursery school colors. If anything, you brighten them up a bit, but would keep the basic scheme rather than going with typical primaries. Agree that the text could use more space around. Imagery could be a bit bigger where you can manage it, like the bottom right under the orange box. Imagery on bottom left could zoom in closer to the faces, less backgrounds. Body text should avoid widows if trying to be technically accurate. Might not use justified text as it creates awkward gaps and the boxes themselves create alignment. Body text looks a bit too bold, would reserve the bold perhaps for emphasized text such as in the orange box, or the subhead such as Rain…Rain!
Titles could be a bit closer to text below. Main masthead on top left could be a bit bigger.
Pricing is tough-perhaps $75 for the two page newsletter? Figure how long it took you and your hourly rate to at least get a range that is reasonable. $25 per hour and 3 hours for the design would be $75…