2nd Line indent in indesign?

Hi, does anyone know if/how to make an indent only on the 2nd line of a paragraph in indesign so that it lines up to the 2nd word of the first line in Hebrew text?

like this?

Yes, but the 2nd line full of text too. Like this did it with anchored object for now

ohh…
I aligned my cursor where I wanted the text to go and then pressed command |\ but I guess it made the text from the line disappear - I didn’t even see that that happened…

If you did that, how is the 3rd line not aligning to it? By me it does

I don’t even know! I forgot what I did - lol typical :slight_smile:
I hate typing in Hebrew… it gets so confusing…

If I remember I will let you know.

Thanks so much! For now managing with these anchored objects, but it would be great to know the more efficient way to do this :slight_smile:

You got me so curious in knowing the correct way to do it so looked online for a tutorial and found this.Maybe it can help you…

https://graphicdesign.stackexchange.com/questions/79369/second-line-indent-in-indesign

I tried it also and the tabs idea worked for me…
so I guess you can do it your way or this way - whichever is easier…
Good Luck!

Thanks so much for working so hard on this!! I actually saw that post too which is where I got the idea to do the anchored object…

My sister actually told me how to do it which didn’t work great for me because I had drop caps being applied automatically thru styles but otherwise works perfectly. So for everyone to know: Do ctrl+\ where you want the text to indent to. That’ll make all the text indent to that word. Then, at the beginning of the 3rd line where you want to stop the indent, press enter and then it should work!

Why cant you set a paragraph style with a right indent and a first line negative indent? and then another paragraph style with no indent for the remaining text?
and work with justified to the left

@adinacahn that wouldn’t work if I want to indent the 2nd line to the 2nd word of the first line, right? On every paragraph it’s a different size indent like thisimage

i actually worked with this type of txt years ago and discussed this with a Hebrew expert typesetter who said that this space under it was a mistake and it was b/c of the nikud and the larger size dropcap/ first word that forced the txt to skip that area. After that it became a go to style…

Oh my that’s funny!